POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC-WIP3 : Re: IRTC-WIP3 Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC-WIP3
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 7 Jun 2001 17:40:19
Message: <3b1ff4c3@news.povray.org>
You are right, the pic looks grainy.
The main problem are the many leafes. Most of the trees have leafes with uv
mapped images as texture.
This type of leaf textures tend to look like a uniform green mass in
shadowed parts.
Therefore I reduced the ambient values and raised the normal component of
the leaf textures.
Radiosity would be a good idea in such a situation, but the render time
would increase to several months even with simple settings.
The result is the grainy look. Perhaps better antialiasing will help.

grainy look of the mud.

Norbert